Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Hands-on soft tissue treatment including, but not limited to:
- Myofascial release—passive and active techniques
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue treatment (similar to Graston®)
- Mobilization (including Mulligan and McKenzie techniques)
- Trigger point pressure (“Nimmo”)
- Deep tissue massage
- Cross-friction massage
- Manual traction
- Stretching and Muscle-Release techniques such as:
- Post-isometric relaxation
- Facilitated stretching (active-assisted stretching)
- PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation)
- NMF (neuromuscular facilitation),
- Spray and stretch with Biofreeze
This is a physical therapy treatment with a proven track record. Ultrasonic waves are used to speed the healing process of some conditions.
Interferential ~ Premodulated ~ Muscle Stimulation ~ High-Volt ~ Microcurrent
These are used to reduce pain and spasm. Some protocols can speed healing. These can be done alone or in combination with ultrasound if needed.
Dr. Morris uses simple, practical stretching and exercising routines. You will be taught to do much of the exercises and stretches at home. Routines are practiced in the clinic, and modified based on your progress. Dr. Morris believes you should be involved in speeding your recovery!